- BIR does not offer a daily registration rate. Each delegate must pay the FULL registration fee mentioned below, regardless of the time spent at the convention and the number of meetings they are interested in.
- One registration form must be filled in for each attending delegate.
- An accompanying spouse is not a delegate and is not entitled to participate in the business sessions and meetings.
- Registrations will not be processed without proof of payment, i.e. credit card details or copy of bank transfer.
- A confirmation will be sent by e-mail or letter by MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC if above conditions are fulfilled and after the payment has been received/proofed.
In order to facilitate your registration, we strongly encourage you to register and pay online.
What Your Fee Covers
- Participation in the plenary meetings and workshops
- Invitation to the Welcome Evening on Monday, 27 May 2013
- One Divisional Luncheon (to be selected on the registration form)
- Access to the exhibition and hospitality areas
- The accompanying spouse’s complimentary registration*
* When mentioned on the registration form, the spouse (under the condition that he/she is not involved in business) receives a complimentary badge and free access to the exhibition, the Hospitality area and to the Welcome Evening.
Conditions of Attendance
The Convention is only accessible to fully registered delegates representing BIR member companies and to elected officers from national federations (i.e. President and/or Executive Director) which have paid their annual membership dues to BIR.
Membership within a national federation affiliated to BIR does not automatically entitle a company to register delegates to the Convention and exhibition.
Subject to space availability, “Observer” status can be granted once to representatives from non-member companies. In order to register, they must first submit their request along with a supporting letter from at least 2 BIR member companies, from 2 different countries to Yolande Joret (firstname.lastname@example.org), at the BIR Brussels secretariat for approval. After the convention, any observer must make sure that his/her company joins the organization if he/she wants to attend any future BIR conventions.
BEWARE OF BADGE FRAUD:lending a convention badge to someone who is not registered is considered fraud and will result in the delegate’s immediate exclusion from the convention, the suspension of company membership privileges and possible expulsion from the organisation following a disciplinary process. Random checks will be carried out throughout the convention area.
Categories of Fees* (in $ - US Dollars)
* Incl. 21% VAT
|Before 15 March 2013||After 15 March 2013|
|A delegate from a BIR Gold Member company*||US$1650||US$1800|
|A delegate from a BIR Ordinary Member company||US$1800||US$1950|
* Special discount: for any Gold Member company that wants to register more than two delegates, a special discount of 20% will be applied to additional delegates’ registration fees, provided that all these registration forms are returned to MCI Group Asia Pacific together with the corresponding proof of payment.
|At All Times|
|A Young Trader (BIR Members only - under 35 years)*||US$1100|
|A delegate interested only in Textiles, Tyres and/or Plastics (members only)||US$1100|
* Please provide a photocopy of the ID card.
Methods of payment
- Credit cards: VISA / MasterCard / AMEX
Note: Ogone, who processes the credit card payments, has a transaction fee of 4% which is added to the total amount
- Bank transfer to the following account:
Account Name: MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC PTE LTD
Account Number: 260-664438-178
Swift Code: HSBCSGSG
Bank Name: The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Bank Address: 21 Collyer Quay, #01-00 HSBC Building, Singapore 049320
Reference: BIR Shanghai Convention + name of the company + name of delegate(s)
- All payments are to be made in US$ - and without any charge for the beneficiary. Please ensure that all related bank charges are settled by the payer.
- Bank transfers must specify full details of sender and payer.
- A copy of the proof of transfer must always be attached to the registration form(s) which are covered by this transfer, or, in case of online registration, sent to MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC within 48 hours.
In order to facilitate your registration we strongly encourage you to register and pay online on the BIR convention page. Also, preference will always be given to credit card payment.
- Cancellation of the registration must be notified in writing (e-mail, fax) to MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC PTE LTD.
- Cancellations before 3 May 2013 will entitle registered delegates to a full refund of the registration fee (minus US$200 to cover administrative expenses).
- After 3 May 2013, no refund will be granted, except for justified reasons (health problems, decease of a family member etc.).
- Cancellation of the hotel room must be notified in writing (by e-mail or fax) to MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC.
- If you cancel your hotel room after 3 May 2013 the hotel will charge the equivalent of the price of the number of nights in the hotel and room category of your choice that were booked for you through MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC.
- Except in cases of no-show, MCI GROUP ASIA PACIFIC will always do its best to allocate any cancellation room to another delegate to avoid unnecessary costs.
- Important! : BIR declines any responsibility in case a participant does not obtain his visa in due time and as a result has to cancel his registration after 3 May 2013. Should a delegate cancel his/her registration/hotel reservation because a visa has not been granted, the delegate will be bound by the registration and hotel reservation terms and conditions. We recommend our delegates to subscribe to an insurance covering cancellation after the deadline of 3 May 2013.
- In the case of strikes, flood, fire, “force majeure” or any other circumstances beyond the control of BIR resulting in the partial or complete cancellation of the convention (and of any part of its programme), BIR cannot be held liable. As a result, no refund of the registration fees or of the hotel pre-payment/deposit will be made to BIR registered delegates and guests.